Tuesday 1 December 2015

NO-BAKE OREO CHEESECAKE!


I have had an insane amount of requests for this recipe – even though there are so many already!! – so I hope it doesn’t disappoint! :)

Oreo’s, as you might have noticed, are a big thing for me as they’re yummy and very popular all over the world. I know that some people aren’t a fan of them, but they do so many different flavours now you probably will find some that you like! Mixing the Oreo flavouring with the Cream Cheese & the rest of it makes it such a DELICIOUS treat!
  

I know I have done many a cheesecake recipe, but I feel like a couple more wouldn’t hurt too much ;) They are 100% my favourite dessert though still, no matter how much of it I eat! My boyfriend has an obsession with cheesecake as well, so I know why we match each other so well…


I prefer No-Bake Cheesecakes so much more than Baked ones as to me they are creamier and easier to make, and to me they are a more guaranteed success in comparison to other desserts because I have made so many over my time on this blog now! The whipping of the ingredients in my method is second nature to me – once you have whipped a cheesecake to the perfect texture, it is the same every time! The rules are – don’t whip too fast, and don’t be too scared – then you’ll be fine and you will want to make them again and again!

Ingredients
Cheesecake Base
– 2x 154g Pack Oreos
– 125g Butter, Melted
Cheesecake Filling
– 2x 280g Packets Philadelphia Full-Fat Cream Cheese (550g roughly)
– 175g Icing Sugar
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 300ml Double Cream
– 8-10 Oreos, finely crushed
Decoration
– Spare Cheesecake Filling/Whipped Cream
– Oreos – whole/crushed




 Method
1) To make the Cheesecake Base – Blitz the Oreos in a food processor until they’re a fine crumb. I don’t remove the creme filling as I like it to bind the biscuits together!
2) Mix the biscuits in with the melted butter and press down into the bottom of an 8″ Deep Springform Cake Tin and refrigerate whilst you make the filling!
3) To make the Cheesecake Filling – Using an electric stand mixer cream together the Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar, and Vanilla until smooth. Add the Double Cream and whisk the two mixes together – I use my KitchenAid as it whisks the mixture to the perfect texture. It shouldn’t take too long to whisk, but I set mine to a medium/high setting and whisk it till it holds itself (like meringue does!)
4) Be careful not to over whisk though – there is always a limit to a mix, it might curdle – so keep an eye on it, you will know when its ready (took my mix 2 minutes!) :) When whisked – fold through the finely crushed Oreos and spread on top of the biscuit base!
5) If you have any spare mixture pipe it on top to create a pattern, or use whipped cream! Set the cheesecake in the fridge overnight and then enjoy all to yourself!
Tips and Ideas
Like I said in the Method, I use one mixer to make my cheesecake filling – but I use a stand mixer. If using an electric hand-held whisk then try not to use too high a setting as this might cause it to over whip and go all icky! So take your time, it will be smooth and hold itself when the mix is ready!
Using Full-Fat cream cheese is 100% needed so that it sets – if you would rather use a lower fat one be careful when you mix so that it doesn’t split, and it probably needs to set in a dish as it won’t hold itself! :)
This recipe will last 3 days, covered, in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment